Don’s Mobile Glass wishes you a happy, fun and safe Halloween!
It's Halloween, the day many think is the most fun of the year. And whether you're going out to one of the many Halloween events in Modesto or planning to trick or treat with the kids, Don's Glass wants you to be safe and have fun.
Here are some Halloween safety tips from Safe Kids Worldwide:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to
the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Trick or Treat With an Adult
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
Keep Costumes Both Creative and Safe
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
Don's has been the go-to glass expert in the Central Valley for more than 55 years. Don's has expertise in all types of glass repair and glass replacement from auto glass to commercial glass to residential glass to custom glass. Don's has convenient locations in Modesto, Manteca, Turlock and Merced to help you. But we're also mobile, so we can come to you.
Modesto | Glass Repair | Glass Replacement | Auto Glass | Don's Mobile Glass
#Modesto #GlassRepair #GlassReplacement #AutoGlass #DonsMobileGlass